Wednesday 4 January 2017

My pastor saw a vision and now I am unhappy


I shake my head at how gullible we have become. I do not say these things because I know it all rather I say them out of dismay that we are so desperate that we close our eyes from seeing the truth or our minds from weighing what we are told.


I do not completely blame ladies that are hoodwinked like this into making wrong choices. I blame society for mounting undue pressure on women to get married as if being single and of age makes you defective. This is why most times if you are the religious type and are faced with options of who to date or marry, you go to your pastor for guidance which is proper. But then, when your pastors categorically tell you who to marry without allowing you seek God’s face yourself then there is a problem.

You are as much a child of God as your pastor is so why can’t you hear from Him too? If your pastor should tell you who to marry then you should go back and ask God to confirm to you because you are the one who is going to live the rest of your life with him, not your pastor. Don’t be naïve; your pastor can only guide you, not make decisions for you.


Later, your marriage is sour because you married him since pastor said so, not because you were convinced yourself. So now, you run back to the pastor, making him a third wheel in your marriage. However, the best solution out of this is not to give up. Since you have gone as far as marriage, there is always hope. Ensure that you hear God yourself this time and go for counseling with your man. The foundation might be wrong but you could always rebuild together.

# copied

No comments:

Post a Comment