Tuesday 6 December 2016

“I wanted people to see me as a rude boy” – Timaya


Singer Timaya, also known as the “Egberi Papa One of Bayelsa,” had a few interesting things to say in an interview with Punch Newspaper. He spoke about a couple of things, ranging from his music, his baby-mama, his daughters, and his dreadlocks, which according to him was aimed at making him look RUGGED.


According to him, he has two lovely daughters from the same baby-mama, who made him promise not to have another baby-mama besides her. Speaking about his dreadlocks, he said: “My dreadlock was a strategy. I wanted people to see me as a rude boy. I couldn’t have been giving all those troubles with a calm and clean face. I wanted a look that would associate with it.  Now, people come to me and I smile.”


“I was happy I was controversial and I was being talked about. I used to struggle to be known before then and I desperately wanted to be known. Finally, they started talking about me. People felt I was troublesome. Some felt I was controversial. Even those who didn’t know my music knew my name. When I had got what I wanted, I felt it was time for me to rebrand.”

No comments:

Post a Comment