Monday 5 December 2016

It's Nigeria moment ; it's Africa's moment; Jidenna talks to CNN.


The Nigerian-American rapper and singer, Jidenna has made to applaud the Nigerian music industry in a recent interview with CNN where he expressed his satisfaction with the Afro-Beat genre. He noted that Nigeria was taking Africa to another level, after which he confirmed working on collaboration with Wizkid. He also hopes to collaborate with Tiwa Savage, Flavour, Davido and a couple others in future. In his words:


“I think it is Nigeria’s moment. It’s Africa’s moment. I think Nigeria is a spearhead because Nigerians seem to be charged full of character so people are eating it up all across the world.” The mute-talented act, who is gearing up to release his first album “Long Live The Chief,” has crunched out a few tracks off the album, some of which he had spiced up with a little pidgin English. Further speaking, he said:


“I wanted to see [if] in the US, I can get a song on the radio that actually has pidgin in it? And I did it. That’s the beautiful thing… [My album] you can dance and shoki to it. In the larger context, my album blends the different worlds that I’ve lived in." Speaking on what inspires his lyrics, he said:


“I have all these proverbs stored in my head. My friends always laugh because they’re like; you’re always trying to preach and teach something to us. I grew up with all these proverbs and I have to share them. I think it’s the values and principles that make the Nigerian identity part of me stand out.”

No comments:

Post a Comment